YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 19, 2014

Lana Del Rey Concert





First adventure of my wonderful (almost) summer! This would be the Lana Del Rey concert in Detroit, MI! I went with my mother and sister. To start off we go to the hotel in Detroit around 3PM and were devastated to hear that people have been lined up around the Masonic temple (venue where the concert was) all day. It was a general admission concert so the sooner you get there the closer to the stage you will be. Anyways, we had dinner at the hotel we were staying at. (Atheneum Hotel) The room we stayed in was very large and fancy! Everything was clean and was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. At 5:30 had the hotels shuttle bring us to the venue and wow was the line long! We waited for 2 hours until we got in the venue. We got the third row of the balcony which I was quite happy with. We got up and went to the merchandise table and got some posters and came back and patiently waited. The opening act started at 8:40 PM, he was VERY talented and could sing, play his guitar, and write beautifully. Gave me chills! The saddest part is, I don't know who he is. And neither did anyone around me, when the announcer said his name it fuzzed out and no one heard. Well moving on... It is now 9:40 and finally the lights dramatically go out and the guitarist strums his electric guitar slowly and I hear a beautiful high-pitch hum from backstage. This goes on for a little while, then I see Lana step on stage with her long brown curled hair, a short long-sleeved white dress with lace sleeves as she starts to sing "Cola" off of her latest album "Paradise". I honestly started to shake I was so excited! Have you ever had the tingly feeling where you've just been waiting for something and its finally here and it feels almost not even real that your there in this moment and you just want to say "is this even real?" well that's what it was like for me. She went along to sing all of her songs and each one I swayed and sang along to. In between almost every song she would go down to the barricades in the front row if the floor to sign things and take pictures with people. She is always so sweet to her fans. The songs that touched me most was "Body electric" from the album "Paradise". And "Million Dollar Man" from her third finished album "Born to Die" The notes make me shiver and I just fall in love with her more and more every time she sings a lyric, truly exhilarating. By the end of the concert I was tired and ready for bed by 11:30 but I did not ever want to leave. Right before the last song "National Anthem" in her words "The turn out was way bigger then we thought. I will never forget this night and the spirits we shared. It was a f***ing enjoyment." And I could not agree more.



After taking the shuttle back that night and getting a half nights rest of sleep (took awhile uploading videos and didn't getting to bed until 1:30 AM) I woke up to the news that Lana finally came out at 1 AM to meet the fans standing outside I was devastated she ended up coming out to meet fans after the show and not before when we were all waiting in line. But I had to remind myself I am very fortunate to be going to my favorite artists concert in the first place. After being to lazy to get up that we missed the hotels breakfast so we got room service fruit and watched a movie in bed until 1 o'clock check out. It was then time to head home and be thankful for all we got to do that 24 hours. So happy I went and cannot wait to go again next year when her album "Ultraviolance" (released June 17, 2014) is touring. Love to all! Xx Me, Anna Marie.

(Excuse our looks, waiting two hours in the cold is tiring)


(Drawing someone in the row in front of us gave me)


(Lana being talented as ever..)

No comments:

Post a Comment